Thursday, December 18, 2008


Tomorrow morning my alarm clock (39KR at Clas Ohlson) will make its desperate attempt to wake me up in my doorm. 15 minutes after my much more “noise:ier” cell phone will wake me up. I`ll put on my clothes, brush my teeth, collect my things (such as a computer with belongings, a watch and some kind of a wallet. On my way out (if my “noise:ier” cell phone failed in directly wake me up) I’ll grab a banana. I am know sitting on the Subway with a coffee in my hand, that I bought in Pressbyrån. (It usually gets drinkable at Liljeholmen, 2 stations and 4 minutes away from where I stepped on.) I start drinking my coffee and 8 minutes after I’m reaching my destination Gamla stan, where I’m stationed as an intern at ACNE Digital (Stockholm).

In my first portfolio I wrote down some lines that should describe what I was looking for in an internship, it said (yes, it could talk) something like this:
I`m looking for a nice place, with good open-minded people that loves what they’re doing, and who allowes me to develop creatively and as a designer.

If you ask me know (1 month from when I started), I would probably say that I found that place.

Get on with it, how is it at ACNE Digital!? They are good open-minded people working here, I can tell that they really love what they are doing and that they are good at it! AND they are letting me be a part of it, from brainstorming sessions, meetings with the client, making some animation and designing on the project that began the first day I got there.

To sum it all up: The morning-routine in Stockholm is dull, feels like “måndag hela veckan”. And yes, it probably would be nicer (or at least nice-dull) parkour:ing some skyscrapers or breaking down some moves in flip-flops, as a daily morning-routine. But when I step in to the office there`s always new things coming up, different ways on how to solve them, and a lot to learn (thought I had at least quite good experience and knowledge in this, but daaamn!, there’s a lot left, and fun it is).

BoomShackalack
/John H.

2 comments:

Petter Säfwenberg said...

Like your self portrait, you have really improved your skills during your internship!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much! Yes, it turned out to be great. But my mentor suggested that I should apply some drop shadows on it, and maby make it more glossy... i don`t know.. maby I`ll get a grip on that during my time as an intern.