Saturday, December 06, 2008

A.W.O.L.

What's the haps! I'm Fredrik Fransson, and it's day 18.

This may come as a surprise to the powers that be, but I'm in Barcelona. Apparently I fell through the cracks of the system which came apparent when Sofia visited us this week. Allow me to paraphrase the initial interaction.

- Hi!
- Hi?

- How are you?

- Did you quit Hyper Island and started working here?

- No I'm doing my internship.
(Awkward silence)


Although my time here hasn't been counted for, it hasn't at all been wasted. I actually like it a lot. I'm at Vasava, roughly a 15-man strong design agency located in the Eixample area. When I first entered the premises, I started laughing. They run a gallery shop, Vallery, in the front and the Vasava office in the back, which sort of makes it look like an operation run by the Mafia.

In the very beginning, I was supposed to do a few tasks in order to determine my skill level, but when I met my C.D. and boss, he immediately through my right in to actual projects.

Thus far, I've primarily been working with print. But on monday we'll start some more interactive work with two notable fashion brands.

I pick up new things every day and I feel right at home.

/Fredrik

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwaha, wtf? How did Sofia get that idea?

Anonymous said...

keep it up Frassman!!!

Hyper Island said...

Hehe I don't know. Must have forgot to hand in some papers. She was here to see the other intern, Hans from Karlskrona. It was fucking weird.