Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Reporting från Deasign - Stockholm

Stockholm has never been so attractive as now!! I don't regret I decided to stay in Stockholm instead to do my internship in my home country, Brazil. I like the snow and Sweden is one of the best countries to work if you like digital media.  

After the PC incident, I'm much more calmer :-) I was spending my first week at Deasign trying to understand how a PC works. No comments, please!!! One of my assignment is to uppdate a client webbpage and I need to do this från a PC. This assignment is taking to much of my time (I want to be present at the meetings) and it is not giving me what I need to develope as a project manager. So I was irritated today when I realized I had spent two days with something I could have done in one hour. I'm really training my patience. The best is that I have a Mac too :-) to make me calm when the PC is driving me crazy.

Deasign is a nice agency to practice. We are just about 22 people at the office in Stockholm that is located in the Old Town. I have had a great time here so far. Inspiring creative meetings, nice and helpful people make me to feel really comfortable here. 
Roger used to say that "outside" the school it was not so different from Hyper Island and I must agree with him. It is almost exactly the same, the only difference is that here there is real money and more responsibility. 

My mentor inspires me all the time. She is taking good care of me and keeping me busy. I'm already feeling home here. 

// Erika

No comments: