Tuesday, December 09, 2008

In Blackboard We Trust

At first i was a little skeptical about doing my internship in Stockholm, mostly becouse i dislike the weather this time of the year. But now i feel like staying in my home turf was the right choice, the only downside is that i dont have any adventurous tales to share like some of those who are doing their internships overboard. The most exciting thing i experienced last week for example was when i had to choose between raisen bread or bagels for breakfast.

This is my second week here at Blackboard in Stockholm, Blackboard is a really cool agency working mostly with advertising and web. We are 10 people strong plus some freelancers, the atmosphere is very friendly and everyone is extremely talented and passionate about their work which is really inspiring for me.

I have been kept busy all the time and was assigned to work with actual projects from the very start. The first week was mostly a introduction to the company and i assisted on a project in flash, also i have been alowed to study and practice my sketching and illustration techniques. Learning how to effectively sketch my ideas will make life a lot easier for me later on when working with 3D (and everything else for that matter).
Also i have been working on a logotype for a very exciting and fun project.

And i have switched from a pc to a mac, so i am still getting familiar with the new computer. Unfortunetly my copy of the 3d software Maya doesn´t work on the mac and i have to find out a way to work around this problem. Im loving some features on the mac but i actually miss my ugly but trusty pc.

Thats all from me for now folks, now lets make some green!

/ Jamil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No more hot guy wallapers?