Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A week and a half at North Kingdom

I'm currently doing my internship as a Project Manager / Producer at North Kingdom, Stockholm, and so far I must say it feels really good.

So what have I done so far?
  • I've got my own desk with a lovely MacBook Pro and an external screen
  • I've done a lot of beta testing on a project that is to be delivered on 1st of December
  • I've got my very own project to manage, that feels really scary
  • I've got a lot of papers and reports done about project management and projects. So I've had a lot to read
  • I've got a Creative Director to promise to buy me lunch unless he has bought himself a gym card by next monday
  • I'm now a member of the "we who plays Mario Kart at lunch break" team
  • I've been beaten in Mario Kart each lunch break so far =/
So overall it feels really good to be here. Everyone is very nice to me and take themselves time to answer my questions and let me in on feedback rounds. So becoming a member of the team here at North Kingdom has been a walk in the park.

Much of the conversations are made in English, we sit in an open office environment and there are some former Hyper Island kids here so let's just say I feel right at home.

A bad thing is that the floor is leaning, so if I lift my feet of the floor, I'll end up not being able to reach my keyboard after a few seconds. Well, it's something I can live with, and the floor is being fixed soon anyways.

















That's all I can think of for now. When you hear from me next time there will be a lot more to report.

Take care and good luck everyone! And for heavens sake, remember to drink some beer and have fun out there! =)

//
Björn Blomquist
Project Manager Intern
North Kingdom

No comments: