Friday, November 21, 2008

QUE?

The first thing that struck me when I arrived to Madrid was: I'm not nervous! When I think about it, that's the key thing to why everything seemed so weird before and after my arrival. I was not nervous!

On my arrival I called Sergio, owner and founder of Serial Cut and he met me up at the metro station. We went up to the studio so I could have a look and repack some things to my backpack. He also showed me my desk and workstation (Mac-friendly of course) in the studio that was very bright, fresh and cool and so on. 

That weekend I put myself to mingle-mode with the ambition to blend in and talk to some Madridians. This is how it went:

Stage 1: Get a English-to-Spanish parlor! I bought a Spanish-to-English parlor. 
Stage 2: Read and try to learn some phrases! I was filled with confidence after a 15 minute read.
Stage 3: Try your skills out! Where to go? I decided to get myself a movie ticket!
Stage 4: Talk to someone! This is what I said to the lady at the ticket office: 
- ¡Hola! Quisera una billete de Transiberian, por favor! (said with a confident smile!)
Stage 5: Wait for an answer! This is what the lady said to me, as I heard:
- ¡Hola! Una onjuifkoka sdlkjljieuo nnbmnbasd, trerthoñlk sdjlçásdjl, si?
Stage 6: Repeat stage 2 for little bit more than 15 minutes! 

This past week I've been working with typography and layout on a project for a spanish clothing company, it's been kinda fun. Next week we're starting up a project for the biggest name in music television that includes material for a large event. For this weekend I'm going to: move in to a newly renovated and refurnished flat, do some skateboarding, drink some (and then some) cerveza, learn some more spanish and hopefully meet some more friendly Madridians.

Madrid is great and I recommend everybody a visit!

¡Salud!
/Jimmy


This video shows the places I'm going to visit this weekend:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, that was funny! You go J!

/Mad

Anonymous said...

Nice Jimmy. Drick inte för goda grejer bara. Have a nice time!

Anonymous said...

Jimmy, come caca! Greetings from the fellows in NY.