Wednesday, November 19, 2008

London and Advertising

It is a bloody circus. I hate to say the word bloody, but it is truly a bloody circus and weirdly enough I like it. London is the city I am talking about.

My new life started three days ago. Samuel and I took a plane from Arlanda Airport. Everything went well until we had to make an emergency landing in northern Denmark, a passenger suffered from a heart attack, life is cruel. We finally arrive at Heathrow Airport. Our bags were here lost and retrieved after forty minutes of nervous waiting. After a series of problems, we arrived at central London and it turned out that most tube lines and buses were closed.

We met up with Rasmus Knutsson who greeted us and took us to the apartment in Hackney. It is a very lovely. Expensive apartment. A lot of buildings are worn down since the World War, but between these depressive buildings are usually nice ones, no one here have ever had the thought of tearing down these old buildings or replacing old water pipes. They like it as it is, and reversed traffic is probably most favoured.

It is Sunday, the day before work. Rasmus, Samuel, Gustav and Rajdan hooked up their Macbook Pro's to LAN this day. In the mean time I went out for sightseeing in Hackney, it lasted for five minutes. I realized that it was not much of an attraction and joined the other guys with my Macbook Pro. Six identical computers, It was a nice view.

Monday, first work day. Not nervous, but curious. I met probably five people from several departments at AKQA, and everyone was very professional. I am in the creative department, working with creative directors, copywriters, designers and art directors. "Creative Intern" is my role and I love everything so far. I am currently working with a very intensive, huge pitch for an exclusive car brand. With that being said,

I haven’t tasted a London dry martini yet.

/Andreas L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Designing an ad for use an aerial advertising is simple. That’s right, we said simple.  There’s less design work, less complications in getting the ad done.