Monday, November 24, 2008

24h in Barcelona

After being in Barcelona for just one day this is what I’ve found out so far:

  • Fannie and I live in a quite nasty neighborhood, but that neighborhood is apparently seen as very fashionable by the locals.
  • On La Boquería you can buy “komule” as a delicacy.
  • You can buy things with funny names at the Vodafonestore


  • On La Rambla there are a lot of hookers. But they don’t look like hookers, they just stand still. Apparently if you are a girl and you stand still on La Rambla, you are a hooker, so whatever you do don’t stand still on La Rambla!
  • Wine is really cheap! If you’re lucky you can make a real bargain and find wine for just 1euro.
  • It stupid to try to be a local and walk around without a map when you have absolutely no clue where to go.

Otherwise everything is great in Barcelona! Since I started my internship today there’s not much to tell you about it, but so far everyone are really nice to the both of us.

**Update: After two days in Barcelona I've also learnt the bad way that you shouldn't relax for even a second. You can't be safe anywhere. My laptop almost got stolen right before my eyes at an internetcafe, luckliy they dropped it and my dearest laptop was saved**

//Annie

No comments: