Saturday, February 07, 2009

SKATEBOARDING, GRAPHICS AND CERVEZA













I went off to Barcelona to do my internship at Great Works. I borrowed a apartment from a friends friend that was away to shanghai for a couple of weeks. The flat was really nice and close to my favorite skatespot called Universitat. So at night time after work I went of skating and just chilled with my friends. The wheater was wonderfull even in december when it sucked in Sweden. The sun is always shining and when it was the coldest you had a hoody. Later on I had another big apartment with two cats. And the girl that owned it was out traveling so i didnt pay much at all for my own fresh 90sqm apartment.

The weeks was mostly the same: Skateboarding, working, cerveza, clubbing and hanging at the beach on weekends.

-

At the agency I got to do alot of fun projects and had alot of responsibilty. I was trown into it almost the same day as I arrived to Great Works, and I liked it alot.

Kristian that is the boss over there treat you like you are one of them and that is very nice to feel that you are playing in the same game. They push you alot and makes you to do things that you never done before, It was very clear from the beginning that they want you to learn and not to be a coffe maker.

It was a fun time over there but just after Christmas people decided to quit so I thougt it was a good time to leave also. I told them that I needed more designers above me so I could learn more and they understood that.
I think it was a good decission and I want to work in Stockholm after my internship, even if its cold and grey here.

I can always go back on weekends now to meet up with my friends. The spanish friends said the same, "its better to come to barcelona for vacation and not to work since the sallery is awfully low". Some people earn 800 euro the most and apartments are more expensive then in Stockholm. But you can always do frilancing with clients from other countries, Then it would be great to live there.

Maybe I got them a new client from japan also. We will se later on how it turned out.

-

If you are going to Barcelona you have to come by the best pub ever called Betty Ford " like the clinic". It is placed in the upper Raval, hard to find but you will not get dissapointed if you find it.
They are just like one big happy family over there and if you get to know one of them you know everybody quite fast.

-

So now I am back in Stockholm again and are going to do the rest of the time at Farfar on Kungsholmen. So on monday it's back to game again and it will be alot of fun & hardwork. So I am exited to see how they are working, heard alot of good things about them!

-

Ciao
Niklas

No comments: