Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This is a headline

Hi,

My name is Petter Säfwenberg and when I was a little boy I used to dream that an american hockey speaker would shout out my name - "Peeeter Sevenbuuuuurg" - when I would enter the ice on my first NHL game for the New York Rangers. I'm quite sure that this will never come true now, mainly because when I was about 18 years old I chose a life without fortune, fame and sweathy hockey gears. Instead I decided to spend the rest of my life in front of computer screen...
This turned out quite well, it has taken me to NYC and the sweet place of Domani Studios. Domani has so far taught me a lot of good things like "it's time to touch base now", "more negative space" and "Only RF stock imagery". I have no idea what it means but I have discovered that it's very useful to say this phrases to your co-workers or nod very seriously if someone says it to you. You can find the Domani office in an area called DUMBO, just like that movie about an elephant. Dumbo means "Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass" and was named like this because the original inhabitants wanted to come up with a name so weird that no one wanted to move there. Of course it became the opposite. To fit in Dumbo you must buy a colorful pair of sneakers, a navy coat (like Matt Damon have occasionally in the Bourne trilogy), jeans (not regular blue though, preferably black or grey) and a nice scarf that fits with the sneakers. I'm almost there. There is also a romour that Busta Rhymes lives in the area, but it's not confirmed yet.



My fellow co-workers at Domani are very nice and they have tried really heard to figure out how to say my name. The first day I tried to just say it with my Swedish accent. The result was like "Pppe... what?" or "Peeee-Trrrrr". So the next day I decided to call myself "Peter" with an american accent but then another guy at Domani called Peter became confused and posted THIS on the Domani blog. But on the third day, one of the producers (project manager) came up to me and said "Pedder, we need some RF stock imagery with a lot of negative space, is it ok that we touch base around fourish?" and my new american "Pedder" name was born. On the fourth day I could make some classic swedish "daddy" jokes with my co-workers (think of the song with Gloria Gaynor): "First I was afraid, I was Pedderfied!".



Roger (Sjoegren) and out!

Best,

Petter, Peter and Pedder.

4 comments:

Lars Thomsen said...

Swedish Accent... That is American R&D money well spent.

Jimmy Andersson said...

Tell them that your name is like saying "pet her" really fast, more or less ; )

Petter Säfwenberg said...

True!

Ola said...

Uahaha, this post made my day!