Monday, January 12, 2009

MOTION @ THELMA/LOUISE


Hi everyone! Marcus Szabo here. Man, time goes fast. It's been like three whole months soon.
I'm doing my internship at THELMA/LOUISE in Stockholm. A small motion production company at Karlaplan (Oestehr-mahlm). At the moment we're just five people working here, since one of the owners just went on paternity leave (föräldrar-ledighet).

As alot of you guys, I got to start working from day one. They had a pretty cool project going on when I got there so I basically just jumped into it. The project I got to work on was a documentary about Ebbe Carlsson. You might not find that so exciting but the material we got to work with was awesome, old black and white photos, kind of grainy but with high resolution and professional look made it really fun to work with. I worked about 4 weeks animating the photos so they would look "alive". The movie will be opening at the Gothenburg Filmfestival in the spring. Thereafter it'll be aired on SVT, I think.

Since that first project I have been working on different things, graphic-design-pitch for a new talk-show (wich we unfortunetly lost:'(.) Some storyboarding and alot of experimenting. I Recently started working in Maya 3D, wich is more easy than I thought. Sat down, watched like 5 hours of maya-basics toturials. Now I know everything :P

In all I feel pretty pleased with my intership so far. Altough I have had some doubts. The past three weeks we haven't had so many new projects coming in, as a result of the recession(lågkonjunkturen).

Hopefully we'll start pitching again and get some fun, new projects.


THELMA/LOUISE is well-known of being the productioncompany that has edited every single show with Fredrik and Filip. For you guys doing your internship in NEW YORK, Fredrik and Filip is coming over, where they will shoot their new talkshow. Maybe get a seat in the audience?

The Gang

One Love

/Marcus Szabo l www.artisdesign.se

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In some time we will be able to start a maya-based motion/vfx agency! ;D

/Daniel S

Hyper Island said...

yeah we will!

/Marcus S

Hej said...

I think NOT!