Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One had better do this, 

I'm Martin, I'm in London at R/GA and that's cool.

Coming to London, of course, a messy experience. Coming to R/GA, of course, difficult.

I spent my first one or two months feeling like a stupid, overgrown, fat kid, with greasy hands and a running nose, trying to understand what the grown-ups were talking about. They would talk to me, calmly, sincerely explaining the issues of a brief, where I could find assets for the task, how to deal with certain issues, trying to help me along; so that I could produce something for them, show them that I was good and could be trusted. They explained, so patiently, looking into my eyes, in search for that spark of understanding. And I would look back at them, blankly, quite unable to comprehend the purpose, ignorant of the techniques needed and, worst of all -completely void of the refreshing ideas, vigor and young talent I knew they expected.

They were calling my bluff, and I was panicking.


They haven’t thrown me out yet, so I must be doing something right.


I can see St: Paul’s from my window.

I hate my fried-chicken-man


I work with two clients, one of them is big in telecommunication and the other is big sportswear. One is tricky, and the other is challenging. I enjoy both of them.


I’ll stop now, and I’ll write soon again, now I know how to log into this stupid thing.  


No comments: