Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hi there bolg, nice to meet you



Cereal for breakfast, Sandwiches for lunch and a couple of pints for dinner. I am really starting to get the hang of the London lifestyle. I really like this city, but right now I don't like the weather because it made me sick. Although I'm happy I'm not in cold Sweden right now.

I live in the previously trashy part of town called Hackney in east London, that now has become the cool part of town where all the artsy people hang out. I share flat with 'Crazy' Rasmus of IAD08 and 'Navy SEAL' Levin. Also I'm within walking distance from everything important:

London Fields (my local pub): 3 min
Tad (quality falafel and kebab): 5 min
Broadway market: 6 min
Stringray globe (the best pizza, almost like Swedish): 15 min
Glue London: 28 min
Shoreditch (where the party is): 30 min
Tate modern: 1h
Big Ben: 1h 30 min
Apple Store: 1h 36 min

My internship has had it's ups and downs. I started out at a small flash studio, but I realised that I wanted to be at a larger scale agency instead. I went to a couple of interviews at some agencies (the good thing with being on location), and decided to go for Glue London, a complete digital ad agency that has done some really cool stuff for Bacardi, Toyota and the Sun to name a few.

So now I've been at Glue for about a month now and I love the place so far. Still everything feels a bit new, but I get to work with a talented team that does some impressive productions.

I promise to write again soon... if I remember the password this time.

Cheers

/Sam

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Because East London is a vampire, it sucks the joy right out of me"
Hope that ain't true (;

(bloc party - song for clay)