Monday, March 09, 2009

Walk the walk, talk the talk

This is Martin Brolin writing.
 
First of all, thank for sharing your fascinating stories: Max, I don’t know what to say but your post was the best! David Lundmark, great to hear that you are doing fine in the Northpole! Thanks for the sneak peak by the way;). Hannes - funny as usual. How do you do it? Maritn S, you better bring me some notion of clarity, please explain what you mean with “I love having breakfast inside Charlie the beast, pitching and breaking down a storyboard”. It is pleasurable to know where you all are up to these days.

Lets move on. Important notice:
Before continuing, please observe the continuity; respect the order of the hyperlinks. Do not carry on read unless you have the hyperlinked searched out for the specific meaning of the sentence. (Speaking of continuity, I visited MOMA last weekend with Nico, and he made a very observant notice of the building: “The lines are breaked apart to show how the connotation of one room is forwarded to the next room, the building is revealed in an interesting discontinuity, its forskjutet”. I didn’t know he had that feeling for architecture, after that I have been very curious to hear his point of view concerning spaces and time. This is something we now discuss during the evenings in Brooklyn.)

Anyway.
Im starting to become a New Yorker. I got my very good self a black coat and a couple of checkered shirts. I even have a moleskin that I use on the subway to look important, writing reflections and fragmented poetry of peoples fed-up faces. Of course it’s a great source of inspiration to.
I live with two of my very good friends, Daniel and Nicolas. We are a happy family in Brooklyn, on Bedford avenue - that’s where all the cool guys live in New York, so we had to move there.

We fight a lot. A couple of weeks ago Nico threatened me with a nife. He was drunk of course. I really wanted to kill him. But I stayed calmed and we didn’t speak for 2 weeks. But now everything is fine. We are very good friends again.

Daniel is very “into it”. He is speaking in terms of object oriented theory (for example when he is stretching his very good self, he says: “it is so nice to implement Icat”) . He is staring into his functions all day, and when he is home he stares a bit more. Me and Nico tries to get him out of there, creating new surroundings with our imaginations, but it’s hard.

Nico and I sleeps in the same room. He eats in the bed In the middle of the night. Last night he served himself a very good corn meal, 3 00 in the morning, and I told him to shut up and fuck himself. He watches Gordon Ramsey every night for inspiration so that he can tell me to fuck myself. Gordon have been assimilated into the house to become one of our house gods. He is arrogant, highly emotional, heartfelt and very good at what he does. I highly recommend icons. It’s nice with a reference.

Working with almost every project that Firstborn have produced since I arrived: Puma, Publix, Lincoln Mks, Ford Taurus, Mustang, Sportscharlet. I’m happy for my very good self that customers are happy. But most of all I’m happy that I have a lot of new fantastic, impracticable plans figured out.

Martin Brolin

3 comments:

Petter Säfwenberg said...

Mums, this was fun!

jamil said...

Haha! Very entertaining stuff this.

Andreas L said...

Lovely, haha :)

But you can not deny that having a talented chef around the house will bring you a better diet.

Whenever both of you are awake at the same time that is.